Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics 2nd user L25500 latex printer

• 2nd user L25500 latex printer

Posted by Iain George on May 24, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Hi
    I may have the opportunity to get my hands on an L25500 latex printer. I have seen it working, it currently has a banding issue but have been told that this should go with new heads, which will be provided but they haven’t installed them as they are selling the machine. The asking price is £2500. I would not be using this straight away but do have the space to store it.
    Is the machine worth this kind of money? as it would be a big step up for me and I know I would need a RIP , laminator and even a new PC to run it on.
    I have times when I am busy doing my private work and this would be a great way for me to take the plunge and move up to the next level but the wife is obviously concerned as I am about it not being used every day and it would cost more to keep it going.

I will say thank you now for any advice you can give me.

Regards
    Iain

Omar Benmez Omar Benmez replied 7 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Omar Benmez Omar Benmez

May 24, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Hi Iain

We Have 2 l25500 printers. we bought them new a good 4-5 years ago.

a few of things to bear in mind with this early latex machine

Power

you will require 2x 32a supplies to run the machine so bare in mind extra costs for an electrician.

Rip

the best rip to go for would be a onyx x10 or newer in my opinion, most media suppliers will provide a onyx profile for their medias so it makes sense.

inks

I would try and make sure it has been run on genuine inks, I know alot of L25’s have struggled with 3rd party inks.

Heat

the printer runs at between 95-115 deg c so bare in mind it burns though a reasonable amount of electric. we work on the premise that its only using electric when its making money 😀

£2500 sounds reasonable to me.. inks are approx 85-90 quid a cart, heads are £55-60 and cleaning kits are £60ish.

hope this keeps

O :tongue: