Roland DG Corporation today added two new high-performance models to its best-selling VersaCAMM™ inkjet digital printer/cutter line – the 30 inch VP-300 and the 54 inch VP-540.
The new VersaCAMM™ VP series is designed from the ground up to enhance the productivity of creative professionals everywhere – from marketing departments and retailers to sign shops and screen printers. Featuring a new compact design and numerous hardware and software upgrades, the new models make it easier and faster than ever to produce durable, professional-quality signs, banners, billboards, POP displays, labels, decals, vehicle and floor graphics, heat transfers for apparel and more.
The VersaCAMM™ VP models are also backed by a 1 year silver RolandCare service, providing you with the best support in the industry – should you need it.
“Since its introduction, the VersaCAMM™ has offered an unmatched entry-level price point as well as versatility, reliability and ease of use,” said Jerry Davies, Roland DG’s managing director “The new VP models build on this industry-leading technology with a host of advanced productivity tools that make the world’s number-one printer/cutter an even better value.”
“The new VersaCAMM™ VP is a powerful creative tool that fits into a typical office, print house, high street copy shop or retail environment, is easy enough for novice professionals to master, and is packed with performance features,” said Brett Newman, Roland DG’s senior product manager. “It is designed for versatility, allowing users to express their creativity through a wide variety of graphics applications. Legendary Roland Print&Cut technology also allows users to build their businesses by adding new high-impact graphics products that reflect exceptional print quality.”
VersaCAMM™ VP Series Features
- New compact design is tailored for office, print house, high street copy shop or retail environments
- Ease-of-use makes the VersaCAMM™ VP ideal for creative professionals in virtually any business
- Versatile – the VersaCAMM™ performs as a printer, printer/cutter or standalone vinyl cutter
- Perfect production partner for a wide range of custom graphics applications including outdoor signs, billboards, backlit signs, banners, decals, labels, posters, POP displays, vehicle graphics, apparel decoration and more.
- Supports a wide variety of media including self adhesive vinyl, banner, paper, film and heat transfer paper.
- Includes Roland VersaWorks 2.2, the latest version of Roland’s powerful, user-friendly RIP software featuring the Roland Color spot colour fidelity system and Variable Data Printing.
- Fast-drying Eco-Sol Max™ ink in 4 colours (CMYK) delivers dense, rich colours, outstanding print quality, superior scratch resistance and three-year outdoor durability.
- Optional media take-up system supporting rolls up to 30kg (66 lbs.) for the VP-540 and 20kg (44lb.) for the VP-300.
- Automated maintenance system for hassle-free operation and allows for immediate printing at any time
Innovative Print&Cut Technology
Designed for both novices and experienced graphics professionals, the VersaCAMM™ VPs feature Roland’s exclusive Print&Cut technology which delivers a seamless workflow for the production of complex sign graphics – allowing printing and then automatically contour cutting on one device without any steps in between. As a result, the VP Series can be operated unattended.
Roland VersaWorks 2.2 Advanced RIP Software Features Enhanced Productivity Tools
VersaCAMM™ VP models come complete with VersaWorks 2.2, powerful RIP software developed by Roland engineers for the company’s inkjet technology. VersaWorks 2.2 includes several enhancements including Roland Colour, Roland’s new spot colour fidelity system. With Roland Colour, professionals can take advantage of a variety of spot-colour matching tools to quickly and easily match logo colours and other corporate identity elements.
VersaWorks 2.2 also features Variable Data Printing (VDP), ideal for labels, name badges, plaques, POP and POS displays, menus and other custom graphics. VersaWorks’ Variable Data Printing allows users to efficiently produce a series of digital prints in which text and/or graphics change from one print to the next. VersaWorks can also be updated automatically through the Internet, ensuring users can always have the latest software version and Roland ICC profiles available. VersaWorks is compatible with Windows 2000/XP operating systems.
Since the VersaCAMM’s introduction in 2003, sign makers and other printing professionals worldwide have enjoyed legendary Roland quality, productivity and reliability – all at an affordable price. With more than 20,000 sold, VersaCAMM remains the world’s number one printer/cutter today, supporting the creative endeavors of graphics professionals everywhere.